J.C. Green and
Sons Funeral Home began in 1895 as the J.C.
Green Furniture and Undertaking Company in
Thomasville, North Carolina. Many funeral homes
of that era began as furniture companies because
the furniture craftsmen also made coffins for
burial. Mr. J.C. Green was the first licensed
embalmer in Davidson County.
In 1932, the
funeral business moved into the Green Family
residence on West Main Street in Thomasville,
the firm's current location. During this same
time, J.C. Green's sons, Robert T. Green and
Eugene "Chick" Green joined their family
business. Mr. Green turned the business over to
his sons in 1941, but remained active until his
The J.C. Green
Memorial Chapel was added to the residence in
1958 to honor the memory of the deceased
founder. This was the first funeral chapel of
its kind built in Davidson County. The original
home has undergone many renovations and
remodeling projects over the years to keep the
facilities current and continue to meet the
needs of the community.
In 1997, a
second location was opened in the Wallburg
Community of Winston Salem, providing more
convenient service to families in Davidson,
Forsyth and western Guilford Counties.
Jr., the third generation of the Green family to
serve the community, joined the firm in 1980 and
currently serves as President. We are proud of
our history of commitment and service to the
families in the area for over 100 years.