J.C. Green and Sons Funeral Home began in 1895 as the J.C. Green Furniture and Undertaking Company in Thomasville, North Carolina. Many funeral homes of that era began as furniture companies because the furniture craftsmen also made coffins for burial. Mr. J.C. Green was the first licensed embalmer in Davidson County.
In 1932, the funeral business moved into the Green Family residence on West Main Street in Thomasville, the firm's current location. During this same time, J.C. Green's sons, Robert T. Green and Eugene "Chick" Green joined their family business. Mr. Green turned the business over to his sons in 1941, but remained active until his death.
The J.C. Green Memorial Chapel was added to the residence in 1958 to honor the memory of the deceased founder. This was the first funeral chapel of its kind built in Davidson County. The original home has undergone many renovations and remodeling projects over the years to keep the facilities current and continue to meet the needs of the community.